Please note that the best available seats are to the Thursday evening performance.
Important information regarding ticketing for this event
Due to government directives on social distancing, tickets for Vera Blue and the MSO are only available as pairs or singles. All seats will be allocated on a Best Available basis. To order more than two seats, select two seats in your preferred Reserve. At the “Your Shopping Cart” page select BOOK MORE TICKETS.
Ethereal Australian singer and songwriter Vera Blue will perform with the MSO in a concert that celebrates and honours women in music.
Conducted by Vanessa Scammell, this special event will begin with a celebration of female composers with a series of short works by Deborah Cheetham AO, Anna Clyne, Ella Macens, Missy Mazzoli and Holly Harrison.
Vera Blue – real name Celia Pavey – will then join the MSO performing her favourite works and chart-topping songs, bringing her soaring vocals aligned with folk-tinged moody electronica combined with glorious orchestral accompaniment to the Hamer Hall stage.
“To be sharing the stage with the magical MSO is so special and I cannot wait for everyone to see this show, to hear and feel my songs performed in a unique way. It’s going to be so different to any other show I’ve done before and I am excited to showcase other aspects of who I am as an artist and to allow my music to be heard in a different light.”
Vera Blue has carved a path in the global music industry with her intricate, elegant electronic pop with an emotive core. Growing up in a musical family in the small town of Forbes, NSW, the artist grew up learning the violin while she watched her mother play organ and her sister sing.
Duration: approx. 2 hours including 30 minute interval
MSO’s International Women’s Day program is proudly presented by Equity Trustees.
Please note: Hamer Hall information upon arrival
· Hamer Hall foyer bars will be open pre-show only
· Personal water bottles will be permitted inside and filtered tap water will be available for self-service at the foyer bars
· No Cloak Room
· No Box Office sales or transactions, only available for trouble shooting or ticket collection
· Masks will be mandatory for Audience members at all times, regardless of restriction level
· Masks to be worn by performers at all times, however it is recognised and acknowledged that it will not always be possible for all performances and genre types to wear a mask during a performance