John Arcaro timpani
Robert Cossom percussion
Louisa Breen piano
Leigh Harrold piano
Bernstein Symphonic Dances from West Side Story (arr. Musto / Cossom)
About the performance
Join MSO musicians Robert Cossom and John Arcaro (percussion), Louisa Breen and Leigh Harrold (pianos) for a relaxed, sensory-friendly performance specifically designed for audience members with autism, a disability or sensory sensitivity.
MSO’s Relaxed, Sensory-Friendly Chamber Music is a family-friendly event exploring Leonard Bernstein’s Symphonic Dances from West Side Story including favourites “Mambo” and “Cha-Cha”.
The performance takes place in the relaxed, safe environment of MSO’s home studio, Iwaki Auditorium. Elements of the performance are adapted to reduce anxiety and discomfort and special resources are available to enhance your concert experience:
• Online pre-concert resources including a downloadable Visual Story
• A relaxed attitude to noise and movement during the concert
• Lights to stay on during the concert
• Open doors and chill-out break areas
• General admission seating with space for freedom of movement
• Friendly, trained staff