From Valentine’s Day, to a Night of Romantic Classics, an evening with the MSO offers the perfect escape from everyday life, and the chance to immerse yourself and your special someone into stunning performances in Melbourne’s most magical venues.
Must-see romantic performances
From MSO, with Love
Pack a picnic, grab a bottle of wine, and enjoy a special Valentine’s Day performance in our Sidney Myer Free Concert series. Experience bellissimo Italian repertoire, and watch as the sun sets over Melbourne’s skyline.
An Evening in Vienna
Join Australian soprano, Emma Matthews in Melbourne’s gorgeously romantic Town Hall, as she transports audiences to Austria through the most vibrant and beautiful Viennese music of the golden age.
Thomas Hampson sings Mahler
An inspiring evening awaits when Italian conductor Andrea Molino is joined by celebrated American baritone Thomas Hampson performing the composer’s beautiful songs of a love-lorn wanderer.
You’ll feel like the only two people in the Melbourne Recital Centre’s concert hall when Kolja Blacher delivers his unforgettably intimate performance of Beethoven’s most romantic composition.
Bernstein on Broadway
A composer full of love, Leonard Bernstein’s jaunty works offer the perfect soundtrack to a romantic winter night.
Die Walküre: Act 1
Immerse yourselves in an operatic love-story with a twist.
A Night of Romantic Classics
The opening bars of Dvořák’s Carnival Overture leap off the page, and around the Melbourne Town Hall with tremendous energy, mimicking that of first date nerves!
Before the concert
- Watch the sunset from one of Melbourne’s famous rooftop bars.
- Enjoy an intimate dinner with a view at Fatto (next Hamer Hall).
- Take a romantic stroll through the Royal Botanic Gardens at dusk.
- Sit by the river and gaze at the city lights, glistening off the Yarra while at Bombini Buzz (next to Hamer Hall).
- Cheers to a wonderful evening with a glass of champagne in the foyer.
- Enjoy a cocktail at the Sofitel’s Atrium Bar.
- Treat yourselves to a late-night feast along Flinders Lane.
- Delight in a drink or two from The Barre (conveniently curved around the Arts Centre’s Theatres building).
- Kick up your heels and dance the night away!