Did you know…?
- The MSO comprises 100 professional musicians, of whom more than 80% are Australian-trained.
- We are one of the largest presenters of orchestral music in Australia, collaborating with more than 70 local and international conductors and soloists annually.
- The MSO reaches over 180,000 people live, in more than 150 performances each year.
- Our annual Education Week is a musical ‘open house’ for 10,000 children and families, with one in five students directly subsidised by donor support for tickets, transport, musician visits into their schools and teacher workshops.
- We offer a vital performance platform for young performers, conductors and composers at a pivotal stage of their professional careers.
- We provide access to music for disadvantaged students by supplying all instruments, weekly instrumental and aural lessons, led by MSO teaching artists through our Pizzicato Effect residency.
- Ticket revenues provide just 35% of the funds we need each year
Thanks to a pledge by a generous MSO donor, new and increased gifts made until 30 September qualify for a one-to-one match – every dollar will double! (total $50,000 cap).
Already this year, donors have made it possible for children to experience the Orchestra first-hand through our education program, brought the exciting sounds of new instruments into our woodwind section, created new Australian works through our commissioning program, made new learning pathways a reality for our Pizzicato Effect participants – and much more.
Ticket revenues provide just 35% of the funds we need each year. Donors make the difference.
Act Before September 30 to Make Your Gift Go Further
Your generous contributions help us to present music at the very highest level. Thank you!