EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: CASUAL PRODUCTION STAFF
The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Production Department seeks to expand its existing pool of casual production staff.
Casual production staff assist in the setting up and packing down of the orchestra in all our regular rehearsal and performance venues, as well as maintenance of equipment, collecting and returning of instrument and other general production tasks.
Casual staff work under the direction of MSO Production Coordinator and Production Assistant.
MSO Performing venues include, but are not limited to The Iwaki Auditorium – ABC, Hamer Hall and the Sidney Myer Music Bowl – Arts Centre Melbourne, The Melbourne Town Hall, The Melbourne Recital Centre, Robert Blackwood Hall – Monash University, Costa Hall – Geelong Arts Centre.
• Experience working in an Orchestral environment, which includes understanding orchestral instrumentation and transferring this to a stage setup
• Current Drivers Licence
• Relevantly good level of fitness, ability to lift.
• Experience working with a symphony orchestra or in a classical music environment.
• Workshop skills for construction in wood, metal and other materials. Experience in general repairs and maintenance of orchestral or similar equipment.
• First Aid training
• Basic understanding of audio and lighting equipment.
The amount of causal work available fluctuates and is dependent on the orchestra schedule.
The majority of the casual work available is outside of business hours.
To apply, please send a CV to James Poole, firstname.lastname@example.org