Terms and Conditions of Sale
For Terms and Conditions of the 2013 Emirates Dubai Promotion please scroll to the bottom of this page.
Anyone using the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra’s website does so with an understanding and acceptance of the following conditions:
All information on this site is provided in good faith. The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra has taken all reasonable measures to ensure the information contained herein is accurate and current.
No liability is accepted for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained on this site and, by logging on, you will be deemed to have released and discharged the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra from all liability which might arise.
The website provides links to other third party websites for your convenience and informational purposes only, and not for purposes of making any endorsement or recommendation thereof.
The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra cannot control, takes no responsibility and does not make
The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra abides by the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles.
Right to Alter Details
The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra reserves the right to alter the details of any season or performance as may be necessary, without notice.
Photography and Video
If you are photographed, filmed or taped whilst attending a Melbourne Symphony Orchestra performance, you consent to Melbourne Symphony Orchestra or third parties appointed by Melbourne Symphony Orchestra photographing, filming and taping you. Melbourne Symphony Orchestra or third parties appointed by Melbourne Symphony Orchestra can broadcast, publish, license and use any photographs, film, recordings and images of you without compensation. Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, the third parties and anyone acquiring from them a right to use the material are not liable to you in any way for its use.
Tickets to Melbourne Symphony Orchestra events are sold by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office and third parties including ticketing agents and venue box offices. Tickets purchased through third parties are subject to the terms and conditions outlined by those parties; these may differ from those summarised below.
Attendees must also abide by the terms and conditions of the venue in which the performance is held. The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra adopts the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia, available here.
Tickets to the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra’s performances are non-refundable except in the case of a cancelled performance.
Tickets purchased through the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra as part of a subscription package* may be exchanged to another performance within the same concert season.
For each subscription the first two exchanges are free and all other exchanges incur a fee of $5.00 per exchanged ticket.
Exchanges are subject to availability and seats comparable to those originally held cannot be guaranteed.
Exchanges cannot be carried out once a performance has commenced or occurred.
Tickets may be exchanged in person at the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office at 22 Fanning St, Southbank. Alternatively, mail your tickets and written request to the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office, GPO Box 2992, Melbourne 3001.
Original tickets must be received by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra a minimum of twenty four hours prior to the first affected performance.
Exchanges cannot be processed over the phone or via Arts Centre Melbourne Box Office.
Please note: The same number of performances must remain in a package.
Single tickets cannot be exchanged.
*With the exception of school and group subscribers.
Please note that exchanges across some series or reserves may incur upgrade charges.
Ticketing Fees and Charges
Subscriptions processed through the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office are not subject to booking fees.
All prices for Melbourne Symphony Orchestra single tickets are inclusive of all fees and charges, with the exception of any telephone or internet booking fees.
Parking vouchers can be pre-ordered with annual subscription tickets at a discounted rate. Lost parking vouchers cannot be replaced.
Pre-payment is required when booking and a tax invoice will be provided upon request. Refunds will not be given for cancellations made within eight weeks of a concert.
The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra caters for groups of all sizes, so why not share the joy of music with your colleagues and friends and receive discounted tickets. All groups of 10 or more may purchase tickets in A or B reserve and pay the lower reserves prices i.e. purchase A reserve seats for B reserve prices. Group tickets cannot be exchanged and must be purchased in one transaction. Please call (03) 9929 9600 for more information.
Rush tickets are available on a first come, first serve basis and are subject to availability. The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra offers the following Rush Tickets:
Student Rush tickets are available from the venue box office from one hour prior to the start of each performance at $20 per ticket. Student Rush tickets are only available upon presentation of the valid student card.
Last Minute Rush
A limited number of Last Minute Rush tickets is available to most MSO concerts at Hamer Hall and can be purchased at Arts Centre Melbourne box office from 48 hours prior to the performance at a cost of $40. Any unsold Last Minute Rush tickets will also be available from Hamer Hall Box Office one hour prior to the performance.
Please call (03) 9929 9600 to find out whether Student Rush or Last Minute Rush tickets will be available for a particular performance.
UPBEAT seating is subject to availability and is at the discretion of the MSO. Adults can attend only when they accompany one or more student(s) under the age of 18.
Choose Your Own Subscriptions
Choose Your Own allows you to access any six or ten concerts from the 2013 subscription season, excluding MSO Special Events Wallace & Gromit: Musical Marvels, Frozen Planet in Concert, Tan Dun Martial Arts Trilogy and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
If you wish to include the 2013 special events Wallace & Gromit: Musical Marvels, Frozen Planet in Concert, Tan Dun Martial Arts Trilogy and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, you must select the Choose Your Own Plus package.
Concession price is available to:
Australian pensioners can access discounts for all performances. Proof of entitlement must be presented in the form of a current Pensioner Concession Card from Social Security or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Special pricing for Government-issued Seniors Card holders is available for Melbourne Town Hall Proms or MSO Chamber Players performances. Proof of entitlement must be presented in the form of a copy of a current Government-issued Seniors Card.
Special discounts are available to anyone aged 18 years and under. Proof of entitlement may be required in the form of an official document clearly indicating the birth date of the attendee.
Your agreement with Melbourne Symphony Orchestra for the purchase of a ticket is governed by the laws of Victoria.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please call Melbourne Symphony Orchestra on (03) 9929 9600.
For the comfort and convenience of all patrons, latecomers can only be admitted into the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance. Suitable breaks vary between performances and may not occur until the interval. If a suitable break prior to interval is identified, latecomers may not be seated in their ticketed seats, but in an area adjacent to an entrance, where minimal disruption will be caused to seated attendees. This is at the discretion of venue staff. Ticket refunds or exchanges are not available on the basis of late arrival.
Children and infants attending the performance
All attendees regardless of age must hold a valid ticket to be admitted to the auditorium. This includes children and infants, who must have their own seat, and cannot sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. For the safety and security of all patrons, prams or baby capsules of any description cannot be taken into the auditorium. Aisles, stairways and stairwells must be kept clear at all times.
Lost ticket vouchers will be issued for misplaced subscription tickets. Subscribers should contact the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office to arrange a lost ticket voucher, which can be collected from the MSO representative at the venue 60 minutes prior to the performance. Lost tickets cannot be exchanged.
When renewing or purchasing your 2013 subscription, you may opt to pay in full or in four equal instalments deducted from your credit card. Instalment payments are only available if you pay by credit card. No money will be deducted at the time you purchase your subscription, however four equal instalments will be deducted from your credit card on the first Friday of each of the four months following your purchase. In order to verify your credit card details, upon placing an order on an instalment plan, a $1.00 transaction will be processed on your credit card. This will then be reimbursed upon your first instalment.
Donations included with your payment will be deducted and receipted in full when you place your booking.
Subscribe and Win Competition
2013 Emirates Dubai Promotion
Vic Permit No: 12/2217
Terms and Conditions
Conditions of entry:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these conditions of entry.
2. Any new 2013 Season Pass subscriptions purchased between 9am Monday 27 August 20, 2012 and midnight Thursday 28 March 2013 will be automatically included in the draw. 2013 Season pass subscriptions can be purchase in the following ways:
- In person at Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office, 22 Fanning St, Southbank, Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
- Online at ww.mso.com.au
- By phone on (03) 9929 9600
- By fax to Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office (03) 9929 9601
- By mail to Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office, GPO Box 2992, Melbourne VIC 3001
3. Entry is limited to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 years.
4. The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of an officer, manager or employee) of Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, the Promoter, are not eligible to enter.
5. The prize is final, not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or traded. Any unused portion of the prize is not redeemable in cash or in kind.
6. The prize, will include:
- Two economy Emirates flights from Melbourne to Dubai, UAE
- Three nights’ accommodation in Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- Three nights’ accommodation in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Dubai, UAE
- Total prize package value: $6,500.
- This prize is valid for travel from 1 May to 31 December 2013.
- This prize will be issued on a confirmed space basis and is subject to limited availability.
- Any airport taxes, fuel surcharges and/or charges imposed by the Australian Government and/or by foreign governments and/or authorities on departing passengers, are included.
- Please note that Emirates tickets do not include Skywards points.
7. Promotion commences 9am Monday 27 August 2012 and entries close at midnight AEST on 28 March 2013.
8. Draw details: The competition will be drawn at 9AM AEST on Tuesday 2 April 2013 at 22 Fanning St, Southbank VIC 3006. The prize winner will be the first valid entry drawn.
9. The winner will be notified in writing to the mail, or email, address and phone number provided within 14 days of the drawing. The name of the winner will be published in The Age on Monday 15 April 2013.
10. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Box Office NOT time of transmission by the entrant.
11. The entrant releases from and indemnifies the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or breach of these terms and conditions, including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
13. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize. Any portion of the prize unused will be forfeited.
14. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
15. The Promoter is Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Pty Ltd, ABN 47 078 925 658, 120-130 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank VIC 3006.
16. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned subject to written directions from Lottery Regulatory Bodies, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.